Sunday, July 17, 2011

Capturing a Crowd

My friend Jill paid me a very nice compliment recently. She told me that the photos I had taken of crowds at the beach reminded her of another photographer named Massimo Vitali. It was so funny that she had said that, because just a few days before I had been admiring Vitali's photographs. He has a series of panoramic Italian beach photos, packed with sunbathers. Of course, my photography skills and knowledge come nowhere close to Vitali's. But I think his photographs are really cool and interesting, so I was very flattered that they reminded my friend of my pictures when she saw them.

As much as I love taking portraits, I also enjoy capturing a crowd. There is so much I can't take in as I take the picture. So, when I open the image up on my computer and look at it, there are all sorts of details to observe. It is fun to be able to look over the crowd and all the interaction that is going on. There is no posing involved... everyone is just doing their own thing!


1 comment:

  1. It won't be long before Lori Moore is another Massimo Vitali!

    ReplyDelete